Saturday, April 27, 2013

Finals Frenzy

     The month of April has not been good to me in terms of my humble little blog. Poor Splendid Surprises have been lacking lately due to my absolutely crazy schedule. I promise we'll make a comeback!
     I'm sure most of you, like myself, are experiencing the stress of finals right now. If you read my previous post you saw how I was less than impressed with my academic performance this year. That realization plus the fact that the semester is coming to a close has sent me into a whirlwind of negative energy and minor panic attacks.
     During a little study break today, I came across this gem of wisdom from a fellow blogger at College Prep. Carly writes a great article about how we often times allow our exam grades to seriously impact the way we view ourselves. I've read what seems like hundreds of editorials about this exact same phenomenon but have never felt it directly applied to me. The way Carly writes really made me realize that I do this way too frequently and it does have a visible impact on the way I think and behave. 
     Perhaps we should have a different mindset as we approach our final exams this year. I don't think we should necessarily be as concerned with making an "A." We should instead be focusing on the ways that "Finals Week 2013" can become a long lasting learning experience. The information we are attempting to memorize should instead be thoroughly understood. Our study habits shouldn't cause us to fall ill from lack of sleep but instead be tailored toward our specific learning styles and time constraints. I strongly believe that if we make this our first priority, a successful grade will be an inevitable result.
     If you have a moment, go take a look at Carly's post, "Exam Grades". It's full of information that every student should hear around this time. My prayer for all of you is that you are equipped with the determination to study hard and the confidence to perform well on every exam. Hang in there, the end is near! 


1 comment:

  1. Ah, I remember this month too well. xD Thank goodness it's over. :P

    God bless you on the feast of the Sacred Heart!

    ♥ Aspirer
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete