Saturday, September 13, 2014

Where It All Started

     I've decided to combine two of the prompts from the "Blog-Tember" series to form this post. Firstly, What inspires you? And secondly, When/why did you start blogging?

     In my sophomore year of high school, I went through a period where my "thing" was writing. I could write about anything and it made me feel oh so good. Whether it was a few lines analyzing The Catcher in the Rye, or paragraphs about the latest Vera Bradley print (I was 15, don't judge), it was my escape. So naturally, I started a blog. Completely honest, my high school blog was lame. I was fully aware of that when I was writing it, and still am. It had no purpose, really, other than a distraction between classes. My blog lacked inspiration. As a result, it died. My posts became more and more sporadic until it was totally gone. 

     But the story isn't over! In my freshman year of college, I was kicked in the butt with inspiration. I had a major "spiritual awakening" (sounds much cheesier than I intended) that I couldn't help but share with people. It didn't matter to me if hundreds of people read it, or if I was the only visitor, I was writing for an audience of one... God. I was so amazed by what He was doing in my life, I wanted to document every second. How awesome it is that my lame sauce high school blog eventually grew into an evangelization tool! Before I knew it, people were reading along and finding inspiration in my humble words. Love it. 

     As Around the Round has continued to grow, my inspiration has come from the reactions of readers. I'm inspired by your curiosity, your hope, and your desire to share your triumphs and struggles in hopes that they'll speak to someone else. I'm honored to continue writing, and even more honored to hear your stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment